Download your 2023 Candidate Guide here
Check (if required)
||Prep December 2022
Required (Chamber Members)
|Contact your fellow colleagues/other Chamber members to seek support of two Chamber member proposers
||Prep December 2022
|Prepare your 60 word biography
||Prep Dec /Jan 2023 for submission before 27th January 2023
120 words (samples below)
|What are you passionate about? What is your vision for Dublin? What is your area of expertise? Prepare your statement!
||Prep Dec /Jan 2023- for submission before 27th January 2023
|High res business head shot – send to firstname.lastname@example.org
||deadline: 27th Jan 2023
|Nominations Open – Submit your nomination
Go to [web link]
|Nominations will open from 9th January 23 to 27th Jan 23
||Submit with nomination by 27th Jan 2023
send photo to email@example.com
|Prepare your optional additional canvassing material/flyer & fellow member contact list
||Optional but good to do - Expand on your 120 word statement. Your priorities in your views for the future, your experience/ambitions
I page flyer
ready for c. 30th Jan 2023
All Chamber members have access to member details via your private online membership portal, compile contacts and you can canvass by email, by phoning fellow members, via social media, attending events where possible and networking.
The Chamber will actively promote candidates and voting.
Canvassing permitted: the week before and during the week of voting!
Cavassing Open: 6th to 17th Feb 2023
Voting Open: 13th to 17th Feb 2023
Cavassing permitted one week ahead of voting week AND throughout voting week
Register to attend the AGM
Verbal formal announcement of those elected
|AGM 23rd February 2023
Your Council is elected annually (with the exception of the year 2020 where no elections were held) by the members of the Chamber providing leadership and strategic direction for the Chamber. The Council of the Dublin Chamber is a group of business leaders who are here to represent your business needs, running for election is an ideal way of getting involved with other businesses, learn and share to promote your business and the growth of our great City.
The Key role of Council is to identify and direct the policy and influencing agenda of the Chamber based on listening to, understanding and representing the Dublin Business Community and fellow members of the Chamber.
- Positions on the Dublin Chamber Council are open to all employees of member companies of the Dublin Chamber.
- Nominees for the Council elections must be fully paid up Members of the Dublin Chamber.
- All Nominations must be supported by two proposers. You must include name, company name, phone and email address of the two proposers on your submission. Any nomination submitted without these details will not be put forward for election to Council.
- Both proposers must be fully subscribed members of Dublin Chamber.
As a Member of Dublin Chamber of Commerce, you can put yourself, or any other Member of the Chamber, forward for election to the Council for a period of three years.
Each year, 10 positions on Council are open, any Member of the Chamber can run for election to Council. The Council of the Dublin Chamber represents our Members' business needs and running for election is an ideal way of getting involved with other business, to learn and to promote growth in our great City Region.
The democratic election of Council Members is a really important feature of our vibrant Chamber. To put yourself or another member forward, please review the nomination requirements on the nomination page and complete the nomination form.
- Online nomination form will be available from 9th January 2023 to 27th January 2023
- Voting Commences Monday 13th February for one week to Friday 17th February 2023
Completing the Nomination Form:
- Complete the form in full by filling in all required fields.
- Include a 60 word (or under) biography along with a 120 word (or under) Ambitions Statement. These word counts are strictly adhered to.
- Submit a photograph separately by email (business style head shot) to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Biography, Ambitions Statement and photograph will be made available to all Chamber Members in the form of an online ballot paper when the voting period commences.
- Click submit.
Candidates are free to contact fellow members of the Chamber 1 week before voting period and voting week only.
WHO CAN VOTE? Voting is only open to ‘nominees’ of Dublin Chamber member companies.
In accordance with the Protection of Information Act, Dublin Chamber does not issue contact details of Chamber members to candidates. Candidates, like all Chamber members, have access to contact details via the membership directory.
If you have any queries, or would not like to be contacted by any candidate, please contact Sandra Farrell on: email@example.com or (01) 644 7215.