Carbon is the new business calorie”. Carbon is the metric by which we measure business environmental impacts. This half day course will enable companies to understand how to measure the global warming impacts of their operations, identify environmental hotspots and to take action to reduce these impacts. Setting boundaries, scopes and data collection procedures, we will share tools and process necessary for companies to conduct their own carbon footprint according to best practice global standards.
Course Details Date:
Thursday 13th May Time: 9.30am - 12.00 noon
Cost: Participation is subsidised by AIB and priced at:
-€150 per session for Dublin Chamber members
-€290 per session for non-Chamber members.
09:30 AM - 12:00 PM
Webinar, Dublin Chamber, . .
- Practical understanding of how to conduct a carbon footprint of a business
- Understand what type of data to collect to measure the CO2 footprint
- How to collect and organise the data
- How to interpret the data – what are the specific CO2 impacts of the energies, resources and materials used
- Understand the principles of organisational and product environmental footprinting
- Tools, standards and sources of support
- Preparation and verification of annual carbon footprint reports at company, process and product levels
- Understanding the business impact of Climate Change
- Introduction to Carbon Footprinting
- Relevant measurement and reporting standards
- Setting carbon policy, boundaries and baselines
- The data collection process
- Sources of Carbon Factors
- What are scopes 1, 2 and 3 carbon footprints, and what a company can do to identify hotspots
- Principle of carbon footprinting at the product level
- Overview of carbon verification, target setting and reporting