This experience and insights led course has been designed to provide participants with a practical introduction to sustainability. The key outcome will be that participants are equipped with the awareness, knowledge and skills required to develop a business roadmap for their company. This roadmap will include a company policy and key areas for focus, and will direct strategic planning, measurement, stakeholder engagement, and communication.
Topics covered include key trends, carbon and climate change, energy, water, packaging, waste, biodiversity, responsible sourcing, workplace, and wider responsible business practice. The course will also cover how companies can use sustainability to drive competitive advantage and improve stakeholder relationships.
09:30 AM - 12:00 PM
Webinar, Dublin Chamber, . .
- Develop a thorough understanding of the importance and benefits of sustainability and the latest trends in the space
- Build sustainability awareness, knowledge, and best practices across the workforce and in all stakeholder conversations
- Relate sustainability to your business needs and business advantage
- Explore a sustainability framework for implementation
- Consider the training needs of employees to enable them to make positive contributions Provide enhanced communication of sustainability credentials to the company’s stakeholders
- An introduction to sustainability, UN SDGs, circular economy, national landscape, and key stakeholders
- Understanding the journey from beginner to leadership
- Developing a framework including policy, plans, measures, and communication
- Sustainability measures: Global and national carbon, energy, water, and waste challenges, impacts, opportunities and benefits
- Sectoral examples, key topics and areas for action
- Actioning & committing to sustainability thinking in your business
- Practical advice on acting more sustainably and engaging with all stakeholders, reporting and communications
Our Sustainability 101 courses will run over two half days - Wednesday 22nd of September and Friday 24th of September from 9.30am-12 noon.
Participation in any of the five outlined courses is priced at €150 for Dublin Chamber members. (Non-members €290)
In addition, academy participants will also be given a ‘free’ one hour, one on one advisory consultation with one of our experts.