This course will provide participants with a practical introduction to sustainability. The key outcome will be that participants are equipped with the knowledge and skills required to develop a business roadmap for their company.
This roadmap will include a company policy and key areas for focus, and will direct strategic planning, measurement, stakeholder engagement, and communication.
Topics covered include key trends, carbon and climate change, energy, water, packaging, waste, biodiversity, responsible sourcing, workplace, and wider responsible business practice. The course will also cover how companies can use sustainability to drive competitive advantage and improve stakeholder relationships.
- An introduction to sustainability, UN SDGs, circular economy, national landscape, and key stakeholders
- Understanding the journey from beginner to leadership
- Developing a framework including policy, plans, measures, and communication
- Sustainability measures: Global and national carbon, energy, water, and waste challenges, impacts, opportunities and benefits
- Sectoral examples, key topics and areas for action
- Actioning & committing to sustainability thinking in your business
- Practical advice on acting more sustainably and engaging with all stakeholders, reporting and communications
- Develop a thorough understanding of the importance and benefits of sustainability and the latest trends in the space
- Build sustainability awareness, knowledge, and best practices across the workforce and in all stakeholder conversations
- Relate sustainability to your business needs and business advantage
- Explore a sustainability framework for implementation
- Consider the training needs of employees to enable them to make positive contributions Provide enhanced communication of sustainability credentials to the company’s stakeholders
How will the courses be delivered?
Each course will be delivered remotely by in an interactive, classroom style format. These courses are designed to provide an optimal, interactive learning experience.
How much does it cost?
Participation in any of the outlined courses is subsidised by AIB and priced at €50 per session for Dublin Chamber members.
Academy participants will also be given a free one-hour, one-on-one advisory consultation with an expert advisor.
About Dublin Chamber Sustainability Academy's Training Partner:
SUSTHub provides highly engaging, bespoke and targeted training programs and masterclasses enabling executive leadership teams, board members, and senior leadership teams, to accelerate their organisations’ sustainability performance
For more information on how you can get involved please contact Máire Fay: email@example.com