Due to demand, we are adding further dates to our Sustainable Academy. This April & May will see 3 courses in a series of bespoke training opportunities to help you and your business become more environmentally sustainable.
This Carbon Footprinting Workshop, will have two, 2.5hr sessions spread over two days. The course will be delivered remotely using webinar technology, in an interactive, classroom style format. These courses are designed for the optimal learning experiences so spaces will be limited to 15 attendees, this will ensure a learning environment conducive to interactivity with peers and the course instructors. These courses are delivered by experts in the field SustHub.
Participation in any of the three outlined courses is priced at €150 for Dublin Chamber members and €290 for non members.
In addition, academy participants will also be given a ‘free’ one hour, one on one advisory consultation with one of our experts.
09:30 AM - 12:00 PM
Webinar, Dublin Chamber, . .
Climate Change is an increasingly important topic for many businesses and organisations. Not only is it a key issue for those involved in energy and resource intensive sectors, climate change strategy is now a competitive issue for all businesses. Understanding and addressing how climate change is directly impacting business is now a key boardroom issue. In the world of increasing emissions and climate change, decarbonization is a key term used to describe phasing out of carbon dioxide emissions from the use of fossil fuels. It is a critical aspect of managing the global greenhouse gas problem. We will help participants to understand how to measure and report climate change and carbon emissions and how to assess climate risk and opportunity in their organisations. Over these two mornings, we will share examples of best practise and recommended approaches to setting targets and decarbonization pathways towards Net Zero and explain other Science Based Targets.
Session 1 - April 28th 9.30am-12pm
Session 2 - April 30th 9.30am-12pm
Who should attend: Sustainability, Facilities and operational teams, Senior management
- Understand why Climate Change is of critical importance to business and how to can your organisation show climate leadership
- Why is climate change such an important issue for key stakeholders such as governments, financial institutions and our employees.
- Overview of how to measure, report, set targets and decarbonise your business.
- Understand the range of carbon targets, pledges and ambition and how to select an appropriate approach for your organisation.
- Upskill and enable organisations themselves to benchmark, monitor and improve their carbon footprints on an annual basis.
- Understand the principles of organisational and product environmental footprinting
- Understand the basics of carbon reporting and how to prepare and present annual carbon footprint reports at company, process and product levels.
- Understand how to engage with key stakeholders on the topic of climate change
- Understanding how to assess climate risk and opportunity
The key stakeholder engagement on carbon
- The business impact of Climate Change
- The key climate related trends and how these relate to the key sectors in Ireland.
- What is a Carbon Footprint and how does it relates to your business needs
- Introduction to Carbon Footprinting and the relevant measurement and reporting standards
- Carbon measurement and reporting standards
- Industry and sectoral carbon initiatives
- Reporting climate risk and opportunity - TCFD
- Understanding Scopes 1, 2 and 3, and what a company can do to reduce them
- Carbon target setting – Net Zero, Science Based Targets, Pledges Carbon Neutrality
- Carbon and Climate Change reporting and initiatives
- Decarbonization pathways and strategies