Climate Change is an increasingly important topic for many businesses and organisations. Not only is it a key issue for those involved in energy and resource intensive sectors, but climate change strategy is now a competitive issue for all businesses and understanding and addressing how climate change is directly impacting business is now a key boardroom issue. In the world of increasing emissions and climate change, decarbonization is a key term used to describe the phasing out of carbon dioxide emissions from the use of fossil fuels. It is a critical aspect of managing the global greenhouse gas problem. In Toward Net Zero: Climate Strategy and Decarbonisation, we will help participants to understand how to measure and report carbon emissions and how to assess climate risk and opportunity in their organisations. Over the programme, we will share examples of best practise and recommended approaches to setting targets and decarbonization pathways towards Net Zero and explain other science-based targets.
09:30 AM - 12:00 PM
Webinar, Dublin Chamber, . .
- Understand why climate change is of critical importance to business, governments, financial institutions and employees.
- Understand how your organisation can show climate leadership, considering climate risk and opportunity
- How to measure, report, set targets and decarbonise your business.
- Understand an appropriate approach to carbon targets, pledges and ambition
- Upskill and enable organisations to benchmark, monitor and improve their carbon footprints on an annual basis
- Understand the principles of organisational and product environmental footprinting
- Understand the basics of carbon reporting and how to prepare and present annual carbon footprint reports at company, process, and product levels.
- Understand how to engage with key stakeholders on the topic of climate change
- What is climate change and why does it impact on business
- The key climate related trends and how these relate to key sectors
- What is a carbon footprint and how does it relates to your business needs?
- Carbon - footprinting, measurement and reporting standards
- Understanding Scopes 1, 2 and 3, and what a company can do to reduce them
- Industry and sectoral carbon initiatives
- Reporting climate risk and opportunity - TCFD
- Carbon target setting – Net Zero, science based targets, pledges, carbon neutrality
- Carbon and climate change reporting and initiatives
- Decarbonization pathways and strategies
- Key stakeholder engagement on carbon
Our Towards Net Zero: Climate Strategy & Decarbonisation course will run over two half days - Wednesday 29th of September and Friday 1st of October from 9.30am-12 noon.
Participation in any of the five outlined courses is priced at €150 for Dublin Chamber members. (Non-members €290)
In addition, academy participants will also be given a ‘free’ one hour, one on one advisory consultation with one of our experts.